The academic requirements (including evidence of English language skills) to study in Australia will depend on the level of education you wish to pursue and your choice of institution. LMA provides up-to-date information to help students gain entry into their selected course.
Below is some general information:
- English language: entry requirements vary between institutions and the course level.
- Secondary schools: entry requirements vary between states or territories. Academic performance and ability are considered during the application process.
- Vocational education and training: in most cases there are no entrance examinations. Some courses may have prerequisite subjects or work experience requirements.
- Undergraduate: students need an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (Year 12) or the overseas equivalent. Some courses may have prerequisite subjects.
- Postgraduate: Students need at least one undergraduate degree, and institutions may require research ability or relevant work experience.